Settle down and lean it back for a power ten, as the EBRC will always provide you with the latest news in rowing, from stroke to bow…
National Lean to Row Day : June 7thEast Bay Rowing Club is offering a one day introductory class on sweep rowing on Saturday June 7th, from 10 am to 1 pm on National Learn to Row Day at the Jack London Aquatic Center. No experience is necessary to participate. East Bay Rowing Club (EBRC) is a competitive and recreational rowing club operating out of the Jack London Aquatic Center in Oakland. The class is free (see registration). In addition to the Saturday class there will be a two trial week class (6 practice days) starting the week immediately following the June 7th Learn to Row class. See details below.
RegistrationRegistration for free Learn to Row Class go to email@example.com to register.
National Lean to Row Day - Participants can expect to:
- Tour the boathouse and get acquainted with rowing terms
- Learn the basics of the rowing stroke on an erg (indoor rowing machine)
- Understand basic boat handling
- Apply new skills with a short row in our barge and get a taste of rowing on the water
- Learn about opportunities to join our men’s and women’s teams
- Q & A after class hosted by EBRC team members
Location: Jack London Aquatic Center, 115 Embarcadero Ave, Oakland (south of Jack London Square – please note some GPS units do not route to the correct address). There is parking on site and the Lake Merritt BART station is four blocks away on Oak Street (between 8th and 9th). What to wear and bring: Comfortable but tight-fitting clothing, hat, sports shoes / socks, sunscreen, sunglasses and a bottle of water.
Post-LTR : Two Week Trial
After the class on June 7th, if you are interested in doing more rowing and want to check out the men's / women's teams we are offering a two week trial period (6 practice days) during the two weeks immediately following the Learn to Row Class.
Dates: June 9, 12, 14 , 16, 19, 21
Time: Mon / Thu 5:40 am – 7:30 am, Sat. 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Payment for Two Week Trial
Registration Cost: $100. We highly recommend paying in advance to reserve a spot
- Send check to EBRC, 360 Grand Ave., PO Box 129, Oakland, CA. 94610
- Go to the donation link on the EBRC website (www.eastbayrowingclub.org) to pay, and in the memo / notes box write in "Learn to Row registration fee".
- Pay by credit card on the day of the event